With job cuts and many people struggling within the economic downturn, many medical facilities are now looking to outsource their secretarial work to save money, time and reduce existing staff workload. If you are thinking of going into medical transcription, what are the benefits?
Benefits of Medical Transcription Outsourcing
With funding cuts to the NHS especially, hospitals, GP and specialist practices are faced with the possibilities of cutting down on secretarial support staff. This means that their existing support staff are often over worked and increasingly stressed by the prospect of meeting short deadlines and dealing with very large workloads. There is a solution; here are some of the benefits of outsourcing your medical dictations:
- More Time Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Less Stress. By outsourcing your medical typing, you can ensure that your permanent secretaries can concentrate on face-to-face and over the telephone patient support, meaning that they are have more time to spend on in house duties and are less stressed with having to deal with an excessive workload.
- Experienced Specialist Medical Secretaries. You will be provided with a secretary that specialises in your field and you can even request to look through CVs to choose the secretary that is most suited to your needs. Outsourced medical transcription is a pay-as-you-go service. If you have a quiet period, you will not be losing out. It also means that you have cover during staff holidays and staff absences.
- Online Medical Transcription Saves Money. If struggling to get correspondence sent out on time due to understaffing, outsourcing your medical typing is the most cost effective way to get your letters and dictations typed. Procurement may be more easily convinced to shell out the money on outsourcing your work as there will be no payments for holiday, sick pay, pensions, or other costs that come with a full time or part time job.
- Never Miss a Deadline. Online medical secretaries are able to complete your work around the clock at no extra charge. This means that you no longer have to worry about missing deadlines or be faced by a huge backlog of work.
- Proofreading For Speech Recognition. Although speech recognition software has made a lot of progress in the last few years, it is essential that your transcripts are proofread. Having your medical transcripts proofread is an essential part of using speech recognition software as it is extremely important that all medical records, notes and correspondence are perfectly accurate. We can also help to “train” your voice recognition software, saving you even more money.
- Secure Data Transfer. Transcription City is registered with the Data Protection Act and is also compliant with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. This means that your data will always stay secure and confidential. We are able to provide you with your own login and password to access your files. Alternatively, we are also happy to use your own file transfer and storage system, if you would prefer.
If you would like more information or advice regarding the benefits of outsourcing medical transcription or medical secretarial services, please contact us via email or telephone Ã¢â‚¬â€œ we are always happy to help.