Videos can be used for a variety of different purposes, from product tutorials to video blogs. Having your videos transcribed by a professional has a number of advantages both in terms of search engine optimisation and helping your viewers to gain a better understanding of your media.
I thought I would share with you a short list of some of the advantages of making and transcribing videos:
- An introduction to you or your business. Making videos is a great way to connect to potential clients and build stronger connections with existing clients. Making a short video to introduce yourself and your product can add a personal touch to your business and help to establish trust and a greater understanding of what you do.
- Cost effective for meetings / market research. Webinars are a great way to connect directly with people who may have questions about you or your business. In a webinar, you are able to interact with large numbers of people for a fraction of the cost of hiring a conference room. It is also a great way for your clients to get to know you better and vice versa. Having a webinar is also a great way to find out what your clients do and don’t want within a short amount of time.
- Search Engine Optimisation. Having your videos transcribed by a professional transcription company is excellent for search engine optimisation. The content of your videos cannot be read and understood by the search engines, so having a written copy of your message is often the best way of getting your video noticed by potential clients. When making a video, be aware of what your keywords are and include them in the dialogue.
- Accessible content. Having your video transcribed makes the content accessible to all viewers, such as those who may be hard of hearing. It also means that people are able to understand the content of your videos even when watching in silence.
- Great for revision and study. If you make instructional videos or tutorials, having a transcript to go with them makes a good revision aid and makes it a lot easier for your students to continue to learn even when they are not at their TV or computer screen.
- Perfect for students. If you are a busy student, it might be a good idea to record your lectures either in video or audio format. Having your lectures transcribed means that you won’t miss any important information and a transcript can really help you as a revision aid.
Making videos can be a cost effective way of connecting and educating, no matter who your target audience may be. Having your videos transcribed has the added advantage of making your videos more accessible and more easily found via search engines.
If you would like to discuss the benefits of using professional transcription services, feel free to send us an email.